- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 pounds bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet (1.3 oz) McCormick slow cookers red wine braised roast seasoning mix
- 1 cup small peeled baby carrots, halved
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bag (14.4 oz) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Mashed potatoes and green peas (optional)
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chopped onion in slow cooker; season chicken with seasoning mix and place on top of onion. Add carrots, mushrooms and pearl onions. Pour red wine and 1/2 cup water over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in parsley and serve with mashed potatoes and peas, if desired.