Cabbage is a tasty low-calorie stand-in for buns or bread in this healthy chicken lettuce wrap recipe. Don’t limit yourself to cabbage for this Thai-inspired recipe—any fresh green that’s sturdy enough to wrap around ½ cup of filling works.
- 8 small napa or Savoy cabbage leaves or 4 large, cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons prepared peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons lime zest
- 1 cup julienned Asian pear
- 1 cup julienned English cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 tbls of prepared peanut sauce
Wash and dry cabbage leaves well and cut out any tough ribs or stems.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk peanut sauce, vinegar and lime zest in a small bowl.
Remove the pan from the heat, add the sauce mixture and stir to combine. Serve the chicken in the cabbage leaves, topped with pear, cucumber and cilantro.
About 2 wraps
Per serving: 225 calories; 10 g fat(2 g sat); 2 g fiber; 5 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 29 mcg folate; 83 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 414 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C; 25 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 618mg sodium; 561 mg potassium