Greek Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are a light version of classic cheesecake. Made gluten free with Greek cream cheese & than the original for a healthier dessert!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|20 mins||30 mins||50 mins|
- ¾ cup Truvia brown sugar baking blend
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 5 ounces Greek cream cheese
- 2-3 tsp liquid stevia
- ⅓ cup sugar free strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a square 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper placing it horizontal & vertical hanging over the sides of the dish for easy removal.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs whites together in a large bowl until fluffy peaked. Then add the the brown sugar, vanilla, applesauce, maple syrup and coconut oil to the eggs and beat until combined.
- To the batter, fold in the salt and flour. Do not over combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and smooth with a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Place in the oven and bake 30 minutes until the edges are brown.
- While the crust is baking, add the cream cheese and stevia to a bowl and whisk together very well.
- After you remove the crust from the oven, spread the cream cheese evenly over it. It should spread easily as the crust is warm.
- Next add the strawberry preserves to the top, placing random dollops of it all over. Then using a toothpick swirl the preserves into the cream cheese.
- Place in the freezer to set 3-6 hours, overnight is best.
- When you’re ready to eat, simply lift the parchment paper up to remove the bars from the dish and slice into 12 squares.
Makes 12 bars, 236 calories each
Serving size: 12