- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or mild vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed (1 tsp olive oil and pinch of salt and smash garlic into paste)
- 2 pounds boneless salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- Sesame seeds for garnish after cooking
Directions Whisk the soy, honey, water, toasted sesame oil, and lemon juice together in a large enough dish to fit the salmon or Ziploc. Stir in the ginger cilantro, and garlic. Place the salmon, skin side up, in the sauce and marinate for 20 minutes or up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat a broiler or prepare coals to very hot in a grill.
Remove the salmon from the marinade, and place it skin side down on a foiled or Pam spray cookie sheet. Put into the oven.10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness. While the salmon is cooking, brush it a couple of times with the marinade to use it all up. Immediately remove the skin while the fish is hot.
Garnish with sesame seeds.