- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 low fat tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.