This Cashew Chicken Bake is a simple, packed with protein, and gluten free.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|20 mins||55 mins||1 hour 15 mins|
- ½ cup UNCOOKED brown rice (use Minute Instant Brown Rice for this recipe, no other)***
- 3 medium sized chicken breasts, cut into inch size pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed & drained
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F and spray a casserole dish** with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place brown rice on the bottom of the casserole dish then layer celery and bell pepper. Place chicken on top of veggies. RICE GOES IN THE CASSEROLE DISH UNCOOKED WITH CHICKEN & VEGGIES!*
- In a separate bowl, mix seasonings with soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic & ginger then add mixture to casserole. Layer water chestnuts on top.
- Bake 45 minutes at 375 F uncovered.
- Remove from oven, add cashews & bake another 10 minutes.
- Add green onions for garnish & serve!
*Brown rice is used in the recipe and the RICE GOES IN THE CASSEROLE per the directions.
**VERY IMPORTANT! You need to ensure the baking dish you use is full when you bake. If there is open space in the dish, then the rice will not bake. A smaller baking dish is recommended.
***Use Minute Instant Brown Rice only for the recipe to ensure it cooks.
Serving size: 1
Saturated fat: 2.8g
Unsaturated fat: 10g
Cholesterol: 36 mg